Sunday, June 3, 2007

A quick shout out

I am surprised by the amount of attention this blog is getting already. Nothing too crazy, but I haven't really begun to promote it and already I'm getting emails and mentions on other sites. Don't be insulted if I'm a little slow to the draw, as I'm getting up to speed on lots of blog-ish issues. I really appreciate the feedback and mentions. Hell, Google "neural interface" and this is the 6th link. That's pretty wicked.

Over the next few months I'll be deciding on issues like adding writers, polishing content, and planning to promote the site a little. This isn't intended to be a big money making thing for me, but I thought I would get the word out about the site and possibly provide a place for others in the field to share their thoughts. Of course this comes with certain risks and logistics that need to be worked out, and I don't have the time to fully consider them now (after my prelim, please).

There is another possibility. This could get rolled up into a real BCI site, not just a little blog (thought the blog would still be around, I'm sure). That may be a major undertaking, or, it may not. I have enough web design/programming friends that it should be feasible. I'll gauge this option on how things go here as time rolls on. The whole community is so small that cooperation would probably work much better than competition, at least IMHO.

Just throwing that out there. In the meantime, be sure to check out the blog Neurophilosophy. One of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment