So, I still got plenty of good stuff from 2007. Here are some tasty tidbits.
Media related items:
- Newsweek had an article on "Life 2.0" - the idea of creating new lifeforms based on our understanding of genetics.
- Book review of a novel on how people recover from brain damage.
- Yeh! New movie coming from DreamWorks dealing with government conspiracy and brain implants.
- Tooting our own horn, our lab was mentioned by CNet in a brief article titled "Pondering Our Cyborg Future."
- Neural substrates of planning
- Modeling spontaneous activity (paper linked)
- Conceptual Metaphor Memory - VERY interesting look at a cognitive linguistics theory that metaphor-like associations are the primary means of experience building. Read this before going to bed.
- Neuroinformation theory video
- Stem cell therapy shows promise
- How implants ease Parkinson's symptoms
- Two types of cells lost