Tuesday, November 6, 2007

No time for love, Dr. Jones!


I thought I would be all good and update during SfN regularly. Nope. Not happening. Check back this Friday. Something about the acute liver cirrhosis and information overload...

I survived my poster presentation and only had a few minor hiccups, so I was happy. I was actually kinda hoping to get grilled a little more, which is disappointing. A few great questions were asked and some good ideas about future directions were discussed. It was nice to meet a few of you folks reading, including kids from the Nicolelis and Schwartz labs, CalTech, and a few others that I don't remember the institutions of.

It is kinda strange presenting, at least for me. I switch from slightly awkward research mode into showmanship mode, and during that time, everything is a blur. At one point Leigh Hochberg was watching me present, and having seen Leigh on at least a weekly basis while in 'research mode', it completely disrupted my flow. I got caught switching states back and forth, and it was oddly paralyzing. (Not his fault, obviously. It was just a very strange feeling.)

It was great to see so may people from Brown stop by just to say, "hi!" And it was also nice to see all of you NIH folks as well (though I missed Ilya's presentation because I had my poster at the same time).

Anyhow, enough rambling. Tonight: Dinner, Grad student/Post-Doc Social, Recovery/Notetaking/Brainstorming.

Oh, and the line for the MIT party was just frickin ridiculous. That venue was just too damn small (but nice inside).

No comments:

Post a Comment