Sunday, August 5, 2007

Bionic woman 2007


I'm not saying that I myself have seen this, because there is no way I could get ahold of such an item, but it appears SOMEONE has, and that that someone has watched and reviewed the new Bionic Woman pilot episode. Since it doesn't air until Sept 23, I'm sure this is either speculation or industry insider's work. Sure isn't mine. Nope. Okay, maybe I re-wrote it in my own words. (you get my drift)

Finally got around to watching the new Bionic Woman series premier. It was, well, meh, not too great. Very character driven, but poor acting. They set the stage for the series pretty well, but I just can't help but not care. Just something about how convenient each character quirk is that really bothers me. It's like they had a meeting and said:
"Okay, she's got a daughter but what's strange?"
"She's adopted!"
"Good. What else?"
"Ooo Ooo I know! She's deaf, too!"
"Nice touch. Let's go have pie."

The only nice twist is that the nemesis is the original Bionic Woman. Really, though, the series has been dead for so long that any interesting use of the character is impossible. I guess they went with it because it was a nice twist to lure people in, not for any actual content.

The special effects are decent, but no fun "na-nan-nan-naaaa" when she runs or jumps. I probably won't bother watching another episode, as the whole story is going to be predictable. At some point the daughter will be kidnapped by the bad bionic woman , the boyfriend will need to be rescued, and then at the last minute save the main character. They'll run away from whatever government agency is in control of the situation, and there will be some sort of betrayal, like the bad guy was working for the same agency all along. Oh, and the kid will get bionic hearing in a very heart-touching episode (season finale?) and save our protagonist.

Ratings:
Visuals: 6/10
Sound: 5/10
Plot: 6/10
Dialog: 3/10
Characters: 6/10
Acting: 4/10
Overall: 5/10 (my official "meh" rating)

The series might have some longevity due to the cult status of the actors and actresses (from Battlestar Gallactica), but it left me not caring if I ever see another episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment